Club Meeting April 30
The meeting was called to order at 7:00PM by President Don Fromherz. There was a good turnout and the treats were great. Thank you all who brought ice cream, cookies, pound cake, and much more.
The agenda included :
- There was one guest and one new member present. The guest joined the club at the meeting.
- Secretary Barb Fromherz and Treasurer Reed Barker read the Minutes and Treasurers Report.
- Kathie Dalton reported about the Club Show. She thanked the committee for their work. Don Fromherz presented Kathie with an arrangement of live plants and thanked her for her efforts. Kathie stepped down from chairing the show committee and announced that Terry Moss will assume that responsibility going forward.
- Bob Fisher reminded everyone that there are overdue books signed out and he would like those returned to the library.
- Bob Curtis announced that the Club will have a display at the Marion County Fair July 11 - 14 2019. Bob will be looking for volunteers to man the tables and will have a signup sheet at our next meeting.
- Terry Moss would like program volunteers to let him know what would be a good month for them to present at a club meeting. If you would like to volunteer or if you can make a suggestion for a program please let Terry know.
- Bob Curtis made a presentation about the Keizer Art Association. Members present then voted on expending the funds to host a show at the KAA Gallery March 2020. The vote passed unanimously. We will be looking for "wood art" to display at the show next March.
- Show and tell contained wonderful pieces created by Everett Koontz, Bob Lanning, Lou Wakefield, Debbie Wakefield, Everett Carter, Mike Reifel, and Julie Heinrich. It was wonderful to see these great pieces on display.
- Wendy O'Leary gave an excellent presentation on creating rings from wood veneer. She walked us though her process including selection of materials, sizing, building up the ring, finishing, and safety. It was a great presentation about a unique art using wood veneers. We were fortunate to have Wendy, a recent club member, give us this presentation. I recommend that if you ever have a chance, talk with Wendy about her art.
Posted on May 01 2019 by Bob